GEOMEMBRANE ENVIRONMENTAL LINER - INSTALLATION TECHNICIANAbbotsford-BC full-time
Our Installation Technician will professionally represent the products and services we provide, will love working outdoors, be in good physical condition, with the ability to perform physical labour as required. The main scope of this position is to provide on-site installation for Stormwater/Wastewater Management and support/service to our Salt Brine De-Icing/Dust Control Divisions. The successful applicant will have exceptional customer service & people skills with strong mechanical & technical abilities that translate into problem solving solutions.
- Oversite of and participation in onsite installations
- Train, supervise and inspection of crews on-site ensuring workplace safety guidelines are followed consistently
- Fabrication of stormwater components
- Oversight of stormwater product order fulfillment and organization of products
- Maintain accurate timesheets and customer records for project/site work
- Position requires, on occasion, out of town and out of province technical field support, on-site visits, and installations
- Present and offer value-added customization services
- Maintain BARR Plastics plastic welding and field equipment
- Oversight of De-Icing & dust control system installations, service visits, including order fulfillment for each visit
- Other duties such as back up to Shipping Receiving and Fabrication Teams
- 5 plus years of construction experience with the majority spent in civil infrastructure
- Construction leadership experience is considered an asset
- In-depth knowledge of construction procedures, equipment and OHS/WorkSafe BC guidelines
- Highschool diploma is a minimum requirement - Skilled trade/certifications considered an asset
- Proven organizational skills and efficient use of technology tools
- Excellent active listening & communication skills
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with all areas of the business including contractors, and site workers.
- Candidate must be able to work in a team environment as well as work independently
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Ability to read drawings/plans and contribute to technical discussions with contractors
- General knowledge of liquid and materials handling considered an asset
Salary offer will be competitive, determined on applicant’s level of experience with the ability to grow based on performance. You will receive three weeks of vacation. The position offers a benefit package which includes Extended Health / Long Term Disability / Life Insurance / Accidental Death & Dismemberment (ADD) / Dental. Life/ADD & Long-Term Disability is paid 100% by employee so any benefits collected are free of income tax.
About BARR Plastics
BARR Plastics is a 50 + year family-run firm located in Abbotsford, BC Canada. BARR Plastics is known throughout North America as a prominent, innovative provider and custom fabricator of plastic tanks and liquid handling systems for a very broad range of applications. Our focus is mainly centered on environment-enhancing applications related to the best handling of water, wastewater, rainwater, food and chemical solutions. BARR is focused on maintaining and growing a viable and profitable enterprise with product and service divisions that are in high and enduring demand. We maintain a highly engaged and motivated team of individuals. Together they produce exceptional results based on our customers’ needs. Each team member plays an active role in providing products and solutions that benefit our environment, our customers and the communities in which they operate. View our website at www.barrplastics.com
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should match their skills and experience to our requirements. If this is you, submit a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter stating how your true abilities and experience match the requirements of this role to Nikki Barrett at email@example.com referencing the Installation Technician employment opportunity.
No agencies or phone calls please. BARR Plastics thanks all applicants for their interest. Please note, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.